CIFOR offers a range of modestly priced and fully equipped meeting and social facilities set among 40 hectares of lush rain forest. CIFOR has 4 guestrooms available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All rooms are two minute’s walk from CIFOR’s meeting rooms and office facilities. Our 13 meeting rooms can accommodate from 10-140 people. Each room is fully equipped with the latest technology. We can also facilitate Tele Audio and Video Conference. CIFOR’s library with 5.000 books and hundreds of CD’s is open to the public during normal office hours.
Our cafeteria can cater in or outdoor, including coffee break, buffet luncheon, sit-down dinner and poolside barbeque reception.
CIFOR sport facilities let you balance business with pleasure. It includes swimming pool, indoor hall, soccer field, fitness room and forest walk tracks.
Other facilities include:
- On-site travel agent to handle pre and post conference tours, ticket booking, reconfirmation
- Banking on Wednesdays
- CIFOR Sport Club
The childcare is a compound located near the soccer field, next to the fitness room. It has 2 bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen and wash room facility. It is specifically designed and fully equipped for young children. See list of inventory (attachment) for detail equipment provided.
Monday to Sunday, 06:00 – 20:00.
The facility is designed for mothers and young children. It is open to all CIFOR/ICRAF staff’s children, including consultants and interns.
CIFOR only provides the facility and undertakes no responsibility.
The facility is provided by CIFOR at no charge.
Term and conditions
- No professional assistance is provided, ie: nurse, guard, etc.
- All children at the facility must be supervised by an adult at all times and can at no time be left unsupervised.
- For safety reason, no cooking is allowed in the facility.
- Use only plastic ware for children.
- Bring your own plastic mattress protection for “bed-wetter”.
- Sick children should stay at home as this is a shared facility.
- Please read the manual book before using the equipment provided in the facility and make sure that your helper is well informed as well.
- • All items provided in the facility are for in-house usage only. Please report any forgotten items immediately to Facility Assistant at extension 625.
- Leave the facility as you would like to find it.
- CIFOR is a smoke-free campus.
Staff must register with the Receptionist at ext 673 before using the facility.
Anytime prior to the booking date.
Form to fill in
Please fill in the declare letter (attachement 1).
CIFOR staff is the first priority.
Reporting Accidents and Faults
Report any accident, missing and broken items to the Facility Assistant immediately.
Office assistant will help setting up the room as requested. It will be reset to default set up at the end of the day.
Weekend meeting: extra charge for AC, cleaning service, OA, technician, etc will be charged to user.
Meeting room rental fee includes electronic equipment only, stationery and others are extra charge.
Please contact Facility Assistant if you experience any problem or wish to make a suggestion for improvement.
- Facility Assistant, Bahri, ext. 625
- Receptionist, ext. 673
The Sport Club is available for CIFOR & ICRAF staff member, consultant, intern and their immediate families (i.e. spouse and children). They may also be used by CIFOR sponsored visitors such as residents of the guesthouse, workshops participants, etc. Staff & family group activities and school activities are allowed with prior notice to the Receptionist.
Staff members may invite guests to play with them. total number per group shall only be 8 (including his/her family). Unaccompanied guests are not permitted.
What is available?
- Adult and kiddies’ swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Forest walk tracks
- Indoor sport hall for badminton, basketball, volley ball, futsal, table tennis, tennis court etc.
- Locker room
- Soccer field
- Shower rooms
Monday to Sunday, 06:00 – 20:00
There is no advance booking necessary, unless for group activity. In the event of competition for access, players are encouraged to play doubles whenever possible. If others are waiting to play, please limit your session to 60 minutes.
The facilities are provided by CIFOR at no charge, except for renting a locker.
Please park in the parking lot near the sport hall.
All players who use the facilities accept that CIFOR is not liable for any injuries that they may suffer. Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all time.
Changing and shower rooms are available at the sport club verandah and fitness room. Please do not leave your personal belonging in the changing room. Any left item will be stored in the “lost & found” box in the locker room.
Players must look after their own equipment, refreshments, etc.
Sport Club is a NO-SMOKING area.
Please contact Facility Assistant at ext 625 if you experience any problem or wish to make a suggestion for improvement.
It is located in one of the compound by the soccer field, next to the “Childcare”. Facility includes:
- Shower room
Please turn off all the equipment, lights and AC when you are done.
Now you don’t need to carry your sport gear back and forth! We have lockers available with a very low monthly rate to cover some maintenance fee. They are located inside to the shower room in the sport center.
Available in different sizes:
- H90 x W32 x D50 cm, 20 units, @ Rp.20.000/month
- H45 x W32 x D50 cm, 12 units, @ Rp.10.000/month
- H30 x W32 x D50 cm, 12 units, FREE for daily used only
For rental reservation, please contact Receptionist with the following procedure:
- E-mail reservation is based on first come first in
- Minimal rental period is 1 month, and maximal is for 1 year (extendable)
- Payment is settled directly to the Cashier
- Submit the receipt to the Cashier to get your key. Your key is not numbered for security reason.
- Users are responsible for the cleanliness of the locker
- Any damage or broken part should be reported immediately to Facility Assistant, Bahri, ext. 625
- Lost key or broken part will be charged to user accordingly
- Rental cannot be subleased to a third party and it is for CIFOR staff only
- CIFOR has the right to cancel the rental at anytime
The 12 small lockers are available for daily use only, FREE OF CHARGE. Overnight fee is Rp.5.000/night/locker. You must sign in the log book before using these free lockers. The pool maintenance staff is in-charge in monitoring the locker usage. Users are also responsible for the cleanliness, and any damage.
Staff and guest should observe the following rules:
- All persons, including babies, are expected to shower before entering the pool.
- All persons, including babies, must be in a “Proper Swimming Attire”.
- No glass of any kind is to be taken either to the pool area or to any part of the pavilion. Plastic, paper or aluminum drink containers are permissible.
- No food is to be consumed in pool area.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult who is able to swim and who takes full responsibility for the children.
- Children in street clothing are not allowed inside the pool area.
- Children should not run within the fenced pool area.
- Individual or group acts of “Horseplay” or other unsafe behavior are not allowed in the pool.
- Person having open blisters, sores, cuts, etc. should not use the pool.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, etc. in the pool is not allowed.
- During inclement weather with thunder and lightning or when electricity is out, the pool should not be used. A waiting period of 10 minutes should be observed after the last heard clap of thunder.
Every CIFOR adult should feel responsible for reminding any pool user to the pool regulation.